28 March 2013

inspiration: a year of TED talks to change your life



Uma imagem de arquivo, sem uma relação evidente com o post. Um homem contempla o Lago Constança.
Not particularly related to the post topic but I found this image on my archives. A man contemplating Lake Constance.

Sou uma grande fã do TED. Sempre que tenho algum tempo livre ou sempre que preciso de ouvir alguma reflexão sábia, mergulho nos seus enormes arquivos à procura de inspiração.

A Kylie Dunn foi mais longe. Na viragem para o seu 40º aniversário decidiu dedicar um ano inteiro a exercitar novas actividades inspiradas pelas suas TED talks favoritas. Que ideia maravilhosa!
Agora que o projecto chegou ao fim, adorei ler as suas reflexões finais e fiquei feliz com a sua conclusão: "no final, desenvolvi uma nova consideração pela minha capacidade de ser corajosa" (tradução manhosa da minha autoria - leiam em baixo a frase original) 

E ela tem mais sabedoria para partilhar: vejam a sua entrada no blog do TED e leiam toda a aventura no seu site.
Inspirados para fazer algo diferente hoje?
-------------
I am a huge fan of TED. Whenever I have some free time, or whenever I long for some wise reflection I search for a video on their huge archive and give myself some minutes of inspiration.

Kylie Dunn went further. On the verge of her 40th anniversary she decide to dedicate a whole year to new activities and reflections inspired by her favourite TED talks. What an amazing idea. I loved reading her final reflections as the project ended and felt happy reading her final conclusion: "in the end, I've developed a new appreciation for my capacity to be courageous".

She has more wisdom to share: read about her project on the TED blog and check her website to see the whole adventure.

Are you inspired to try something new today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments, ideas, suggestions. And thank you for your visit!

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...